Your unforgettable winter &
ski holiday beneath the Hochkönig
Skiing, Snowboarding, tobogganing…
between the Hochkönig & Hochkeil
When the Hochkönig and its resorts are covered in snow, you simply must head outdoors into nature. At the Alpengasthof and Hotel Kopphütte you stay right in the heart of a winter wonderland. You can start your fun toboggan run right on the doorstep, the Hochkeil ski area with natural snow slopes, snow park, snowshoe and winter hiking tracks plus high alpine trail is situated just 5 minutes drive away. In the Hochkönig ski area you'll find a total of 120 km of slopes and a variety of attractions. The crunching of the snow underfoot, sunhine on your face and lots of joy in your heart - enjoy winter in the mountains at its best on a ski holiday in Mühlbach am Hochkönig in Salzburger Land.
Natural toboggan run
right from our Alpine inn
- 4.5 km long natural toboggan run right down to the resort of Mühlbach
- Opening times: 9.30 am until nightfall (approx. 4.00 pm – 5.00 pm), please note: the run is not illuminated!
- Sledge rental: € 3,50 (free for house guests), no rental after nightfall
The best way is on the ski bus (towards the Arthurhaus) to the "Kopphütte" bus stop. From here it's just a 1.5 km long walk. The toboggan run ends at the Gemeindeamt (Council Offices) in Mühlbach. Here you'll find plenty of parking spaces plus the bus stop "Gemeindeamt". Or you can walk along the toboggan run itself from Mühlbach.
*open: The whole run is open.
*parially open: The run is open as far as "Clubhotel Aldiana" (approx. 700 m shorter). Here you'll find the "Aldiana" ski bus stop.
*closed: the run is closed - no rental possible.
Skiing & snowboarding
freedom on the slopes & the Hochkönig as a constant companion
- Ski amadé ski pass valid in the Hochkeil & Hochkönig ski areas (total of 760 kilometres of pistes & 260 lifts in the ski area association)
- A must during every day's skiing: culinary pleasures at refreshment stops in the huts
- Ski & snowboard lessons for all ability levels at the local ski schools
- Ski rental shops in Mühlbach: Sport Juss (Tel. +43 6467 20010, firstname.lastname@example.org), Sport Klaus (Tel. +43 6467 7240, email@example.com), Xandi´s Sportstadl (Tel. +43 650 8071 995, firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Free ride: a number of tours in the Freeriding Hotspot Aberg, Freeride Info Point at the mountain station of the der Aberg Cable Car
- Guided free ride tours bookable
- Free ski bus the Hochkeil & Hochkönig ski areas: shuttle to the ski bus stop
Cross country skiing, winter walking & backcountry ski tours
powerful pole pushes & fresh tracks in the snow
- High alpine cross country trail at the Arthurhaus on the Hochkeil: 1.5 km long for classic cross country skiers & skaters
- Additional high alpine trail on the Dientner Sattel, a total of 40 km of trails in the region
- Cross country ski tuition bookable at the ski schools
- Snowshoeing: trail from the Arthurhaus plus snowshoe nature trail, guided snowshoe tours available
- Snowshoe rental at the Alpengasthof Kopphütte: € 2,50 (free of charge for house guests)
- Winter walks: a total of 85 km cleared winter walks, winter footpath between the Arthurhaus & Mahdlift up to the Troiboden, along the cross country trail
- Backcountry ski tours possible from the hotel, DYNAFIT ski tour nature trail plus other ski tour routes on the Hochkeil
Horse-drawn sleigh rides, curling & geocaching
a lovely end to a day full of adventure
- Horse-drawn sleigh rides in Mühlbach bookable at the Elmaugut & the Kniegut
- Traditional sport of curling: curling rink behind the Bauer Bakery
- Geocaching in the snow, GPS-equipment & instructions available from the Tourist Office in Mühlbach
lots of inclusives & discounts with the Hochkönig Card
As Hochkönig Card partner we issue this advantage card for the duration of your stay. Take advantage of the numerous attractions available free of charge or at a discounted rate. Free of charge in winter: rental of a GoPro helmet camera per family, admission to the Mining Museum with guided tour in Mühlbach, admission to the National Park Museum in Mittersill…